Ph.D., Yale University (anthropology)
M.Phil, Yale University (anthropology)
M.S. Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California
(Quantitative and qualitative research methods, organization behavior, social theory, social psychology)
B.Tech, (IIT) Indian Institute of Technology (electronics and electrical communication engineering)
Aniket Aga, PhD, is three-year tenure with the Michigan Society of Fellows began in September 2016. He recently completed his PhD work in Sociocultural Anthropology at Yale University. His interests lie at the intersection of Science & Technology Studies (STS) and the Anthropology of Democracy. Aga's dissertation research focuses on the ongoing debate over Genetically Modified (GM) crops, in particular food crops, in India in order to analyze the relationship between science and politics in the world’s largest democracy.
- Wenner-Gren Foundation Dissertation Research Grant (2013-14).
- Grant from the Coca-Cola World Fund at Yale for Pre-Dissertation Research (2012).
- MacMillan Center, Yale University, Pre-dissertation Research Grant (2011).
- Congratulations to graduate student Aniket Aga, recipient of a three-year Fellowship at the Michigan Society of Fellows
- National Science Foundation Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Award
- Yale MacMillan Center International Dissertation Research Fellowship
- Alice S. Bloomfield Scholarship Award, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Yale University
- "Seeds of Discontent": Aniket Aga on GM mustard controversy in India (2016)
- Gold Rice Isn't Ready Yet (2016)
- The Supreme Court still adamantly refuses to yield to RTI (2015)
- Studying the Rural: Report of the Third Workship of the Network of Rural and Agrarian Studies (2014)
- Grand Narratives of the Budget: the Lopsided Priorities of Indian Railways (2014)
- American Anthropological Association
- Association of Asian Studies
- Society for the Social Studies of Science
Outstanding Reviewer Award from the Critical Management Society of the Academy of Management (2009).
There is no content at this time