WHAT IS NETWORKING?Networking is simply building relationships with professionals in your field. You can build relationships by talking with people at conferences, speakers that come to campus, employers at career fairs, setting up
- Need help getting started? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you!
ACCESS SNRE and UM ALUMS
- SNRE LinkedIn Group: Click on MEMBERS tab/ Click on "Advanced Search"/ Enter search parameters (ex: Click on "Location" + to search for alums in a certain City)
- Access to over 1,500 SNRE alums and students
- Must have a LinkedIn profile and be a member of the SNRE LinkedIn group
- Access to over 600 SNRE alums who are working at environmental organizations
- SNRE eRecruiter: Click on EMPLOYERS/ Click on CONTACTS/ Click on "Detailed Search"/ Click on SNRE Alumni--YES
- UM Erb Institute Networking Sites:
- U-M Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise: Alumni (dual MBA/MS program)
- U-M Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise: Students (dual MBA/MS program)
NETWORKING WITH SOCIAL MEDIA
- Professional Networking Workshop - inside tips for networking on social media including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and more!
- LinkedIn Resources and Information
- Social Networking Opportunities for U-M Alums (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Additional Networking Advice and Resources
- Student Groups - Be an active member and develop leadership skills
- Professional Environmental Associations -Join to stay current in your field
- Conference Database / Environmental Conferences (Worldwide)
- Conference Funding Through SNRE
- Green Drinks - an informal networking meeting with environmental professionals over drinks. Find a Green Drinks group in your city.