Career Resources for International Students
SNRE's TOP 10 CAREER TIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- Top career advice from SNRE Career Service staff to SNRE International Students.
- Click here for our Top Ten Career Tips for International Students
- Visa & Work Authorization Information
- Finding a Job
- Cultural Adjustment
- UM International Institute
- UM International Center
DATABASE OF U.S. EMPLOYERS WILLING TO SPONSOR CANDIDATES FOR WORK AUTHORIZATION:
- Going Global H-1B Company Search (Log into eRecruiter first to access database, on your homepage you'll find the link to Going Global under "Additional Resources")
- These companies have recently submitted H1B visa applications
- You can search by city or state
- You can search by company name
LIST OF EMPLOYERS WHO HAVE HIRED SNRE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT GRADUATES:
TOP 10 SNRE CAREER RESOURCES:
- Click here for SNRE's Top Ten Career Development Resources --Check out the best of the best career resources!
STAY IN MICHIGAN AFTER GRADUATION:
- The New Economy Initiative of Southeast Michigan has awarded the University Research Corridor (URC) a three-year, $450,000 grant to launch the Global Detroit International Student Retention Program to retain international talent in the region. For the press release on this initiative, click here.
- GLOBAL TALENT RETENTION INITIATIVE OF SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN (GTRI):
- The Global Talent Retention Initiative of Southeast Michigan (GTRI) is a new resource for international students interested in taking advantage of their work authorization benefits allowed under their current immigration status (i.e.: OPT, CPT, Academic Training).
- GTRI is working with the U-M International Center to provide:
- A central resource for searching for jobs in Southeast Michigan
- Workshops and online resources to help you understand the expectations of U.S. employers
- Assistance with resume writing and interviewing with a U.S. employer
- Training on how to explain your immigration status to U.S. employers
- Social events to help you feel "at home" in Michigan
- To get connected to all the resources we are developing for you, 'like' us on Facebook! You can contact us at Athena@urcmich.org. We look forward to helping you with your adjustment to and job search in Michigan
CONTACT SNRE CAREER SERVICES FOR HELP:
- SNRE Career Services--email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
- We can review your draft resume and cover letter for an internship or job application.
- We can also conduct a mock interview to help prepare you for a phone or in-person interview.