Alumni career services
eRecruiter is your portal to SNRE's online career services for students, alumni and employers.
eRecruiter allows alumni to:
- Search for job postings and apply online.
- View SNRE career events calendar.
- Register as an employer to post jobs or internships at your organization and to view student resumes.
- Access paid job subscriptions (Green Careers Journal and Environmental Career Opportunities). These environmental job subscriptions are available on eRecruiter for SNRE students and alumni. Please go to eRecruiter homepage to obtain the passwords to these environmental job subscriptions.
- Alumni interested in eRecruiter please email email@example.com for a username and password.
Interested in learning more about eRecruiter? Watch our eRecruiter Video Tutorial. Features include: Username/Password, Personal Profile, Job Search Agent, and much more. Click on the Table of Contents to view the section of the video that interests you most.
- LinkedIn is an online networking tool that helps you expand your professional network by gaining access to the professional contacts of your friends, family, and colleagues. SNRE has a group on LinkedIn . Joining the SNRE LinkedIn group is also an excellent way to provide SNRE students with a friendly network of alums as they launch their careers.
- U-M inCircle is an online directory and networking community that contains all University of Michigan alumni and students. It offers all the basic functions of an online directory (the ability to search for friends and colleagues) plus the ability to create your own personal network. Use the advanced search feature to find alumni from SNRE.
Online Career Resources for Alums
U-M Alumni Association offers free one-year membership to job-seeking alumni
Looking to come back to the state of Michigan? Check out MichAGAIN (for people living outside of Michigan looking to come back to Michigan to find employment).
Please be sure to check out the SNRE Student Services page. Many of these resources are applicable to SNRE alums as well:
- How to Search for a Job
- How to Impress an Employer in One Minute (Elevator Speech)
- Networking Resources
- Resume/CV Help
- Cover Letter Resources
- Interview Help
- Salary Negotiation
- Diversity Resources
- PhD Career Resources
- Green Career Articles
UPCOMING U-M ALUMNI ASSOCIATION EVENTS:
These events are for alumni and are career related.
Alumni Career Call-In series: http://alumni.umich.edu/jobs/career-call-in
Future topics and dates include;
- January 10 - Presenting to Decision Makers: Five Mistakes You Don' Want To Make
- Feb 14 - Loving Your Job: Keeping the Passion Alive and Knowing When It's Time to Break Up
- March 13 - Negotiating Your Career; What You Need to Know to Earn More and Land Better Opportunities
- April 10 - Creating Your Professional Brand: How To Market Yourself on Paper and Online
- May 8 - How To Hire For Success: Top Recruiter Secrets Revealed
How Can I Forward a Job/ Internship that May Interest SNRE Graduate Students?
- If you see a job or internship posting that may interest students or alumni, please send a copy of the posting to our staff at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or if you are a hiring employer, you can register as an employer and post it directly via a free eRecruiter employer account.
Career Counseling Services
U-M Career Center offers low-cost career counseling for recent grads and modest rates for alums
General SNRE Alumni Resources
Be sure to visit SNRE's Alumni and Friends Page to access other great resources.
- Find an SNRE alumni
- Share news with your classmates
- Access SNRE's eNews newsletter
- Check out SNRE's Stewards magazine
- Learn how to have email from your umich account forwarded to you
- Keep in touch - update contact information