Admitted Student Visit Day
Thursday - Friday, March 24, 2017
One of the best ways to learn about the program is to participate in Admitted Student Visit Day, which will take place on Friday, March 24, 2017. This event will give you an opportunity to meet faculty, students (both current and admitted), and staff members who support your educational and professional goals. U-M will reimburse up to $500 in travel expenses for students who participate.
Please submit your RSVP no later than March 17, 2017.
This event is only for students admitted for Fall 2017
In an effort to reduce our waste at this event, we will NOT have bottled water available. Please bring your reusable water bottle (with sealable lid to prevent spills) to fill-up at the water stations provided. You are also welcome to bring your own reusable coffee mug for morning coffee.
Master Schedule (you will receive individual schedules for your visit at check-in)
|Friday, March 24||Activity|
|8:30 - 9:30||
|9:00 - 9:30 AM||Check-In|
|9:45 - 10:15 AM||Dean's Welcome|
|10:30 - 12:00 PM||Field of Study Breakout Sessions|
|12:00 - 1:00 PM||Lunch with Faculty and Current Students|
|1:00 - 4:00 PM||
Afternoon Breakout Sessions
Student Organization Fair
|6:00 PM||Dinner with Field of Study|
- If you cannot attend Visit Day, please contact email@example.com to discuss alternative visit opportunities.
- SNRE does not reimburse for lodging. If your transportation receipts are bundled with a hotel, please be sure you are able to obtain and provide an itemized list of the various costs from the vendor.
- The reimbursement check will be mailed to the address listed on the travel registration sign-in list at the check-in table. Make sure this address matches your current address in Wolverine Access; if it doesn't, you will need to immediately update the Wolverine Access information on-line.
Planning your travel:
- Students who drive a minimum of 60 miles round trip will be reimbursed 54 cents per mile, up to a maximum of $500. Note that this amount will be based on the zip code for your current address listed in Wolverine Access and no receipt is required.
- Students who purchase air fare, airport shuttle, bus fare, and/or train fare or rent a car will be reimbursed up to $500 of their combined transportation costs. Please provide receipts for your travel expenses to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each receipt must have 1) your name, 2) travel dates, and 3) dollar amount listed on it. Providing your receipt(s) prior to visit day will help expedite your reimbursement.
Visitor Information (including maps, accommodations, shuttle services, dining guides, and points of interest): http://snre.umich.edu/about/visit
Shuttle From Detroit Metro Airport to Ann Arbor
- $12/one way, $22 round trip
- $37/ one way, $62 round trip
- $45/ one way
- Eddie 734-507-9220
- $55/ hour