Funding Resource Samples for Doctoral Students
Funding resource samples:
- Variety of internal UM and external opportunities compiled by Rackham.
- The Rackham Graduate Student Research Grant provides up to $1,500 for pre-candidates and $3,000 for candidates.
- Rackham Summer Award - Sp/Su Research Grant - $8,000
- Rackham's International Research Award (very competitive) - $10,000
- Rackham also has a couple of PhD fellowships (tuition, health/dental, and stipend):
- International Institute Individual Fellowships
- UM Dow Sustainability Fellows Program.
- The Marshall Weinberg Population, Development, and Climate Change Fellows Program.
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Dissertation Improvement Grant--very competitive. Three relevant NSF directorates have this type of grant:
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) Very competitive.
- US/ED Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad Fellowships Must apply through the UM International Institute.
- U-M Institute for Social Research (ISR) Innovation in Social Research Fellowship
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Science to Achieve Results (STAR) Fellowships for Graduate Environmental Study - Application period opens July.
- US/DoE (Department of Energy) Graduate Research Environmental Fellowship
- Resources for the Future Joseph L. Fisher Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship